Sunday, July 24, 2005

My favorite place in the world

Here I sit, blogging from my favorite place in the world. Ross and I arrived up north on Friday around 11:00. The Baxters and Dean and Amber were already here. We immediately changed and hung out in our suits on the pier...the weather was gorgeous. My mom and Moon arrived that afternoon. That night for dinner we had my grandma's famous spaghetti. We call it her real spaghetti, and we only get it about twice a year, so its a real treat! Later on, we sat out by the fire and had smores. I spotted the first satellite! It is always my goal to be the first to spot one. Yesterday the weather was a bit rainy, but we had a great time anyway. I took a nap, actually several of us did. It was a napping kind of day. Last night we went to the movies...we saw Wedding Crashers...it was pretty funny. Today has been just gorgeous! We have been outside all day, swimming, tubing, skiing (well not me). Ross got up on skis! He was awesome; I'm so proud of him. I went sailing with my grandpa and then all of us were in the water to get waves from my grandpa's boat. That is always a good time. Moon brought his scuba gear, but was having a rough time finding my grandpa's crib. All in all, it has been a great day! To top it off, Lance Armstrong won his 7th (and final) Tour de France! He is unbelievable. He won the time trial stage yesterday, and really went out with a bang. How cool is that?! Well, time to eat..tonight is the Baxters night to cook, and we are having beef stew....yummy!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been an absolute pleasure having the entire family , Ross and you at the lake!! You make the lake come alive!! (Although not as much as when you were young.)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home