Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Once again, it has been a long time...

What can I say? Life is just really busy lately. Besides, I used to blog at work, and I'm not so sure about blogging at my new job. Not only that, but I have so much to do! I'm working on my first direct mail plan for one of our books. It is going well, although it is a huge undertaking from start to finish. I'm working with spreadsheets that have numbers from columns A-EU (I'm not kidding) and rows 1-200! Crazy, I tell you...it is really cool though to see how each list is supposed to perform in the DM effort. I'm getting all the abbreviations down, too. Let's see, there's TOHAR, WCME, LNTAR, BNB, FBNR. The funny thing is that we actually pronounce them as they look. We go around all day saying "Wicme" and "Fibner." I spend quite a bit of time speaking in abbreviations actually. It is definitely interesting...I get my first paycheck tomorrow ;) I'm pretty excited for that.

We went camping/canoeing this past weekend with Shannon, Jeremy, Selena and Samantha. I think a great time was had by all. It was their annual trip down the Wisconsin, and we were finally able to join them. It is a nice trip, and the whole camping-on-the-sandbar thing is very cool. Who am I kidding...we had a whole island. It did rain, but only as we were getting ready for bed, so it all worked out. We were a bit nervous though, because for about two hours before we went to bed, we could see the lightening and hear the thunder. We thought for sure it was coming our way but it didn't. It's a good thing too, cause Moon-dog was in Madison (not too far from where we were) and he said it was the worst storm he has ever seen. We were pretty lucky.

Any big plans for this weekend? Ross and I are tossing around the idea of going to Summerfest on Saturday, or maybe even Sunday. Ross and I have been going to Summerfest every summer for as long as we have been together. I think that would make this our 9th summer. I can't imagine summer without a stop at Summerfest. I would say we mostly go for the shopping and food, as well as the music. Many people go for the booze, but that isn't really me. Sunday is also our annual family picnic, so that should be cool. As far as the 4th goes though, I don't know. Ross has to work :( so I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I just got off the phone with my dad and he told me that he got invited to play golf with Donald Trump. My dad is going to meet The Donald...isn't that crazy?! I guess Trump is hosting a golf tournament for golf writers. Apparently he is going to get all kinds of new gear and stuff, too. I would imagine that when Trump does something like that, he goes all out. Why not?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home