Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm bummed!

Came back from lunch today, only to discover that they fired one of my best friends here at work, Joan. It makes me sad, as I really enjoyed her company. The bummer is that it came out of nowhere. I was grateful that my boss called me into his office to tell me personally though. That meant a lot to me. He knew how close we were.

The thing I like about Joan so much is that she reminds me very much of my mom. And I consider my mom to be one of my best friends in life. I'll miss Joan, but I have no doubt that we'll keep in touch. As I told her, she is too good of a friend to not keep in touch. We'll still have our occasional lunches, and maybe even that Tom Petty/Black Crowes concert this summer (hint, hint, Ross)!

I'll miss you, Joan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home