Thursday, April 07, 2005

My Dad

Can I just tell you about my dad? I'm so proud of him! He won a very prestigious award for a golf story that he wrote on the PGA Champoinship. You can read about it here: http://www.jsonline.com/golfplus/mar05/306654.asp. He was presented with the award last night at a fancy Masters' banquet with several golfers in attendance. How cool is that? He's the winner!

So a few weeks ago we switched from Macs to PCs at work. I like my new PC for the most part. It is way faster and more reliable than my ancient Mac was. Anyway, I've downloaded some pretty cool stuff for it. Check out my mouse pointer: http://packers.stavanja.com/wallpaper/glogo.ico I'm a little crazy about the Green Bay Packers. Ask anyone who knows me!

So, how about all of this stuff with the pope? It is amazing to me how many people are trying to get a glimpse of him, and the fact that they are waiting for hours and hours. I'm not Catholic, but I am a Christian. I can't say that I hold the pope in the same regard as Catholics do, and I don't necessarily agree with all of his beliefs, but you can't deny that he did some significant things for the world. I'm very interested to witness all of the tradition that comes with selecting a new pope. After all, I wasn't even born when Pope John Paul II was selected. I've been reading a lot about it. I think it will be kind of neat to see how it all unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home