Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cube sweet cube

Well, I'm all moved into my cube. It's not too bad. A bit crowded, but I'll get used to it. I do need some more decorations to make it more homey though: pictures, plants, maybe a lamp. Moving from an office to a cube will be a bit of an adjustment, but I'll be okay. I moved to a newer part of the building, and there is a beautiful open staircase near me with lots of windows, so that's cool. And now I don't have to deal with the sound of the warehouse, which I used to be directly above. So there's definitely pluses.

Wow, there's been a lot going on lately. The move at work; getting new furniture at home, the Superbowl, the ski trip, my dad leaving for the Olympics.

Ski Trip 2006 was awesome. I got a ton of snowshoeing in, which was cool, since we don't have any snow around here lately. It was a great time. Great people, wine, food, etc. I think it has officially became an annual thing now, so that is very cool.

Our furniture is supposed to arrive today. My mother-in-law volunteered to let the delivery guys in, which was very cool, since both Ross and I are working today. So I get to go home to new furniture...how awesome is that?! I really want to make sure I get out on time today so I can get home and check it out. I've been pulling some late days lately. We are in the middle of budget planning, which is a huge undertaking. Unfortunately, my other work doesn't go away during this time, so it can be pretty crazy. I'm ducking out on time today though!

On a different note, it's official. I'm in football withdrawal. The Superbowl was this past weekend. It was kind of a snoozer. Pittsburgh beat Seattle, 21 to 10. Now, we have to wait until forever for some football action. I suppose that the Pro Bowl is this weekend, but it's not usually the football I know and love. The players are soft, not wanting to injure themselves, and I think half of them have checked out mentally and are thinking about their break. I guess you can't blame them.

My dad leaves for the Olympics today. He'll be gone for a whole month! That's a long time. Everyone always says, "How cool, your dad gets to go to the Olympics." And it is cool, but it is a TON of work for him. He usually works 16-18 hour days during the games. That's kinda rough, hey? This time's a bit different though, because my stepmom is flying to Italy to meet him and they plan to tour the country when the Olympics are done. He has that to look forward to when he is on his 16 straight hour of running around, writing stories, etc.

Well, my lunch break is just about over and the budget beckons. Later....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,

I imagine it must be hard to be the daughter/son/wife of someone whose work takes them away so often...On the other hand, there is a little piece of your Dad all over the world, how cool is that?

Love,
Shan

12:30 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

It really is pretty cool. He has been to some really neat places for his job: Japan, Australia, all over America, Ireland, Scotland, now Italy. That is a refreshing point of view, thanks :)

Love,
Nikki

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home