Friday, August 26, 2005

The coolest thing ever in life happened to me...

...a few hours ago, I talked to Bonita Favre, Brett's mom! Can you stinkin' believe it?! In my previous post, I wrote about my dad who is down in Mississippi doing a feature on Favre. He just called me a little bit ago to tell me about his day. He spent the entire day with the Favre family. He drank beers with Brett's brother at the Broke Spoke. He went and hung out at Brett's highschool. He was even hanging out in his boyhood home! He said that there were trophies and stuff everywhere! So we're talking and he says to me, "Would you like to talk to Bonita?" I thought he was joking. Before I knew it, Bonita was on the phone, talking to me in her Southern drawl. She said that they like my dad, and that they were showing him a good time. She also said, "If your daddy don't come home, it's one of two things...either the hurricane got him, or he got bit by an alligator!" I started gushing at how great I thought her family was, and how Brett is not only a heck of a football player, but that you can tell that he is also a good familyman. She says, "Anybody will tell you, we folks are just like you folks." She was so cool. The funny thing is, they are down in MS, so they aren't getting a TV feed of the game...she asked me how they were doing, and I had to tell her that her son just threw an interception! She said, "Well, you didn't have to tell me that now!" I can't believe I spent a few minutes talking to Brett's Favre's mom, and let alone, that she was just so down to earth, and so sweet! My dad said that they have just welcomed him in. I've always heard about Southern hospitality...they don't play around do they?! Not only welcoming my dad with such open arms, but taking the time to talk to his Packers/Favre crazed daughter!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you blog address. It's fun to read about you and your life. It's almost like talking to you.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome for you! I'm so glad that you got to experience that! Good for you! :) NLP

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home