Monday, July 02, 2007

Hello, world

Introducing Noah Mark Huber, born into this world on May 19, 2007 at 9:56 a.m. I guess I'm a little late in this, considering he is already 6 weeks old (6 weeks??? I can't believe he is already 6 weeks!). It seems that whenever I have had free time lately, blogging has been on the bottom of the list.
Noah had a bit of a rough start...he was in the NICU for 4 days. Because of my low amniotic fluid volume, his lungs were a bit under-developed. Let me tell you, they are working just fine now :) Labor and delivery went pretty well. I have never, ever in my entire life, experienced pain like that before. It was pretty rough. But don't get me wrong, he is completely worth it. Being a mom is pretty cool. I feel like I'm doing a good job so far. That, in part, is due to the huge amount of support I have around me. Ross has been amazing. He has always been a fantastic husband, but he can now add fantastic father to his list. And my mom has been equally fantastic. She loves her grandson - it is so stinkin' cute to see her interact with him. She has given us many breaks, for which we are very grateful. My in-laws and friends have been wonderful, too. People just really love to love your baby - it's nice. I just can't believe that it is possible to love something as much as I love that little boy. It's crazy how instantaneous and intense the love was, too. He's a pretty good baby. He definitely knows night from day and does most of his sleeping at night (for which his parents are grateful). He's pretty gassy sometimes, which is hard, because you just want the pain to go away for him. Ross is in charge of bath time and Noah loves to soak in the tub. I think it helps the pain in his little tummy. He doesn't so much like the washing part though :) I can't believe 6 weeks have already gone by. I only have 6 more weeks before I have to return to work :( I'm sure they will go by just as fast. I'm eager to see what motherhood will bring me. So far, so good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Here's to the cutest baby ever! You both already are awesome parents and Noah is lucky to have you! Congrats again!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki,
You and Ross are the most natural new parents I've ever known. You seem to have fallen into the role of Mom and Dad like it was what you were always meant to do. You guys are awesome!
I'm too happy to have such a cute little boy to visit! Noah rocks!!!
Love,
Shan

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home