Friday, March 30, 2007

Motherhood

I saw one of my favorite sights of spring this morning on my way to work. A mama bird teaching her baby how to fly. You've seen it before, haven't you? The mom and baby are flying along and the baby rests for a few seconds on his mom's back. She lets him but then she flips him back in the air again. This year, it inspired me more than it ever has in the past. I guess because in 2 short months, I'm going to be that mama.

I'm excited about motherhood. But I'm equally nervous. I'd like to think I'll be a good mom. I know I sure have a good mom. I hope that I take after her. I'm really not sure what to expect. Do all new mothers have these feelings? I can't believe this journey is about to start. I better hang on, because one thing I am sure of is that it will be quite a ride!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

You two will be great parents! I'm so excited for you guys. :D

9:25 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks, Jeremy! We have a couple of good role model parents in you and Shan :)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a natural. I can see it already. ;) Sara

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything you have ever done has been done with committment and passion. You will be a great mom! Little Noah is a blessed child to be born to you and Ross.

G-ma

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries about how great a Mom you will be...In no time you will find yourself flipping Noah off of your back so that he can fly on his own, and what a great feeling it will be. I am so excited to see you start your journey.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. It makes me feel good that you all have confidence in Ross and I to be good parents :) We are getting pretty stinkin' excited...

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony told me that if I train NO like I've trained his dog, you will be in for some real surpises.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home