Monday, September 25, 2006

Packers 31, Lions 24

Whoo Hoo! The Pack finally get a win...and Brett gets his 400th career (and 401st, 402nd) TD pass. He's now only 18 behind tying Dan Marino's NFL record of 420. Pretty impressive.

Negatives:
  1. The Packers defense this week (and the past few weeks) gave up too many points. Yes, the Packers offense put enough points on the board to overcome it, but that won't happen every game. But I will give them some credit (see positives).
  2. Green fumbling on 3rd down with 1 minute+ to go. I think Packer fans across the country were clutching their chests.
  3. McCarthy's decision to run the ball on 3rd down. There was so little time left, why not take a knee, delay of game, then a knee again, and punt? The Lions would have had about 10 seconds with the ball.
  4. The Packers secondary: Ted Thompson put a lot of $$ into these players (namely Charles Woodson) and they haven't showed much.

Positives:

  1. They won, they won!!
  2. Brett Favre's superb play: 25 of 36 for 340 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs
  3. Greg Jennings: he broke a short pass from Favre into a 75-yard TD. Awesome. Although Donald Driver deserves a little credit for the excellent block he threw downfield that allowed Jennings to score.
  4. The O-line: They protected Favre well, allowed him time to throw and didn't allow a sack.
  5. The Defense: They had two HUGE stops in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line.

Next week: Packers (1-2) at Eagles (2-1) on Monday Night

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you check the comments on you last post?
MOON

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do the Packers go to the eagles so many times? With the team placings how did they end up there again? Next year or the year after w/o Favre the Pack won't have to worry about Monday games.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knock, knock. Whos there? Nobloggy. Nobolggy who? Nobloggy answers me for days!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you 10 to 1 odds the packers don't lose next sunday.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...ain't got nobody,nobody,nobody. IIIIIIIIIIIIIII ain't got nobody, nobody cares about me Da,Da,Dah Dat da da Dahhhhhhh.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who came to Nikkis blog to see whats she been up to......Maybe I'll see if I can fill you in. Work has been busy.Ross is working hard and doing another bike ride. Life is very good. Whinnie is growing like a weed in the spring wet season. Things with pops are OK. Thinking of doing the lost get togethers with my mom. More news later.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

What's up moon-dog? I love your knock-knock joke :) Good summary of what's going on with me, too! Thanks for doing that...I know it's been awhile since I last blogged. But you hit it on the head in your summary - I'm sooooooooooo busy! If I don't blog soon, you know I'll blog after the Packers game...I love them, but I think they have no chance in this game. We'll see...

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ignore me and your blog for 4 days I'll just start taking it over again. The next headline.. Ghost blogger tells all!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I forgot... You must be as busy as I am negative. You made us both S..OX11

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home