Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey!

I must say that I'm saddened by the death of Steve Irwin, aka "The Crocodile Hunter." I've been a fan of his for a long time...he was just always so full of life and happiness and a love of nature. It oozed from him, and it was contagious. Who would have thought that his demise would have come from a stingray, of all the crazy, dangerous, wild animals he dealt with. I mean, I swam with stingrays at Stingray City in Grand Caymen. Sure it was a little nerve-wracking, but never once did I think my life was in jeopardy. I'm sure he didn't either. Life is strange that way, isn't it? For whatever reason, it was his time to go. The world has lost one truly awesome Aussie.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

Good post babes. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the article about his death. I too enjoyed watching him chase down the worlds most dangerous animals as he casually looked into the camera and said " have a look at this beaut'". He will truly be missed.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Rossel's blog.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, It will be O.K. Nikki. Can't we all just get along. I just could not let Rossel's venting go without a reply. Don't write in public if you don't want a response.

MOON

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the first meeting will be a little tense at the start. I'm not angry, but Ross and others seem to be. I enjoy some good mind bending conversation. No politics here. We will save that for only one blog site. We will make yours the little safe haven. The switzerland of blogs. Can't we all just get along? World peace for Winnie and all the puppies to grow up in. When are you gonna bring her over? We havn't seen her in months.Is this how your are going to treat your kids with grandma and MOON?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

You guys haven't been around for us to bring her over! I'm sure things will slow down now that summer is coming to an end. You won't believe how big she's getting! She got spayed yesterday, so she's a little out of it. Maybe on Sunday before the game? Oh, and BTW, it's GRANDPA Moon :P

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHO! No way! MOON has treats. Grampa MOON has nothing! We will be at the game. Come on Bret, just beat the Bears one more time!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home