Saturday, July 22, 2006

Up North

Here I sit at my favorite place in the world. Ross and I came up for a quick weekend, partly to get away for the weekend, mostly for the fresh air and to see my grandparents. There's something about this place; I just can't describe it. I am completely relaxed when I'm here, which rarely happens at home. Today was a really nice day. We had breakfast in town and made a pit stop at Mel's for Ross. I bought him a Discovery Channel bike jersey for his b-day (which isn't for a few weeks, but I wanted him to have it for his ride next weekend). He looks pretty stinkin' cute in it :D We got back and did some laying out and sailing. It started to rain, so I went in for a nap; it was great. Did I mention that Winnie is here with us? She's such a trooper. Luigi seems to be handling her well for the most part. She's been playing in the water quite a bit, getting more brave each time. It's pretty cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute :) Although we have to go home tomorrow, I have a feeling that I'll be really refreshed come Monday morning when it's time to go back to work.

BTW, I've been writing in my Up North journal that Shan and Jerm gave me for my b-day. Thanks for the great prize, guys!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the journal! You always seem so happy when you get your Up North fix...it's neat to have such a place.

Shan

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I look more forward to the family outing every year. We have a hard time grtting there for a weekend. I'm glad you can get away for even a short trip. Did you guys do any biking? Hows Flo? Winnie has a friend? Whats the water temp? You should help the King and Queen start a compost pile. That would help mother earth and help them keep thier garbage runs down.

MOON

3:43 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks, Shan. It is a wonderful place.

Moon-dog - We were glad to get away, too. Winnie had a blast in the water; she was fun. The water was pretty warm - about 78 degrees. The compost is a good idea; I wonder if they would go for it...

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The King and Queen would definitely go for a compost. We spend way to much money on new dirt for our flower boxes every year:(,and we think Mother Earth would like it too--not to mention the garbage hauler-The king!

the queen

7:59 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Grandma,

Ross and I would be happy to help you set up a compost. Your flowers would do so well, not too mention you would have less garbage, which would make grandpa happier! Let's talk about in a few weeks when I'm up again! That's awesome!

Nikki

P.S. See, us liberals have some good ideas once in awhile :P

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home