Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm impressed

As many of you know, Ross is training for the upcoming Tour de Villes century bike ride. He's been so dedicated to his training, and I couldn't be more proud. With two weeks to go until the ride, his training today called for a 65-mile ride. He plotted out his route and asked me to meet him along the way at one of his rest stops. I met him out near Wind Lake in the town of Norway at a park. I brought him a PB & J and filled up his water. It took me about 45 minutes to get there by car, and he's on a bike! Dang. And this wasn't even his halfway point; you see, I met him on his way back. He's taken this route on his long rides quite a few times, and I can see why he likes it...long, beautiful, country roads, with a million wildflowers along the side. At several points, it is quite hilly, which makes me all that more impressed. Good job, Ross. I'm so proud of you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Ross!! As part of MY determination to becaome more agile--I have initiated a walking program with one of my friends. We're going to take an early morning walk three days a week and work up to a two hour walk 3 times a week by this fall....but will wait til the heat wave is over--we'd not make it too far in this weather! Nikki, I like your new page. Love, Grandma D'.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Good idea on your walking program, Grandma! That will be so good for you!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home