Monday, May 29, 2006

Don't you just love 3-day weekends???

And what a gorgeous weekend it was. Memorial Day weekend is always the unofficial kick-off to summer. It sure didn't disappoint this year, either. I think this is one of the first Memorial Days that it wasn't 50 degrees and raining all day. It was so beautiful.

We had a great weekend, too. Saturday we had a wedding...Congratulations Erick and Becky! It was a great time. We caught up with some old friends who we haven't seen in a long time. I feel like we haven't seen Bryan and Tara since their wedding a year and half ago. I also ran into several people that I haven't seen since high school...it was fun to catch up with everyone. Yesterday, we helped my brother move out of my mom's house. Big step, hey? He's so excited, and I'm excited for him. His place is really nice. The move was HOT! I don't think I've ever moved someone in 90+ degree heat. Besides taking almost an hour to get the couch in, the move went smoothly :) Last night Bryan and Tara came over to see the house and meet Winnie.

Today, Ross had to work :( so it was just me and Winnie-girl. She is so incredibly cute! We bonded...went for walks, took a nap and just hung out. Ross is due home any minute now. We are cooking out some turkey burgers and some righteous looking corn-on-the-cob that I picked up today. Nothing quite says summer like corn-on-the-cob, hey?

I also wanted to take a minute to give a big welcome home to the McCumbers! They are home from their wedding/honeymoon adventure. Ross and I can't wait to see all the pics and hear about everything. We missed you guys...welcome home!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Nikki,
You're puppy looks cuuuuute!! I can't wait to meet her!! See you guys soon.
Jeremy

7:29 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks, Jeremy; we think she's pretty, cuuuuuuuuute, too.

Welcome home! Can't wait to see you McCumbers :)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR MOM'S HOUSE ! ! !I'm going over to Rossel's house and give you a piece of my mind! !

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My post on your last blog entry should have been here.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home