Wednesday, May 17, 2006


Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. McCumber!

What a fantastic weekend! We had such a great time at Shannon and Jeremy's wedding. There is something that is just so cool about watching your best friends get married. It's especially cool when you can just feel the love from everyone.

The Grand Canyon was awesome. The weather was beautiful, and the scenery was absolutely breath-taking. We got there on Friday, and all I saw was a glimpse from the car. On Saturday morning, Ross and I took a walk to the Rim. It literally took my breath away. Then we went to Shoshone Point for the wedding. It was so beautiful. We headed back after a few hours and had a wonderful dinner and celebration at the Thunderbird Lodge.

On Sunday, we took a day hike down the Bright Angel Trail. We went down a mile and a half, then rested for a bit and went back up. The whole thing took about 3 1/2 hours. It was so cool. Coming up in that heat, at that incline and in that altitude is rough! I get fairly regular exercise, and it was pretty tough. So worth it though, and I definitely want to go back when we can do it again, this time all the way to the bottom.

I can see why Shan and Jerm love it so much there. It is an extremely spiritual and beautiful place. I can't wait to go back...2009, right? :P

On the drive to and from the GC, Ross and I took some time and stopped in Sedona. We took the Oak Creek Canyon drive as well. The scenery there is just as beautiful as the GC, on a much smaller scale though. Sedona is just such an awesome hippie town. Everyone is so laid back. It seemed like a nice way to live.

BTW, do you like the pic in this post? I finally figured out how to get one in there. I'm sure I could have figured it out before, but I didn't have anything as cool as a pic of the Grand Canyon to post before!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

Cool pic Nikki. Can you show me how you did that? The GC was stunning,I can't wait to see all of the pics.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic! Rossel has more people running around his blog!Who is going to be the first to get a picture of Winny on there blog?????

MOON

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnie looks like a winner---sorry we can't make brunch this Monday---maybe next weekend?? Love, grandma and Granpda D'.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great that the G.C. inspired you to learn a new skill! We are so happy that you guys were there, it wouldn't have been what it was without you two! Thanks for everything,
Shan

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home