Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back to reality

We had a fantastic time in beautiful Mexico...it is nice to be home, although I wouldn't have minded an extra day or two there! We didn't do too much. A lot of laying out by the pool, swimming in the waves, drinking strawberry daiquiris and eating. All in all, just a lot of relaxing. The resort we stayed at, the Sandos Gala Playacar, was gorgeous. Ross and I had a room with an ocean view, and we were close to everything. It was so neat to be there with my family. We didn't even drive each other too crazy. A few political conversations here and there, but those are inevitable when we are all together. I think my favorite thing was laying out by the pool and talking to everyone. I think Ross would say that his favorite thing was scuba-diving. He made the plunge, literally. Thanks again, Moon. He was so good at it, that they went on a more advanced dive his second time down...82 feet! They went to a turtle feeding ground. Now, anyone who knows my husband knows that he was in heaven. He loves turtles! I was so proud of him. We stayed about 5 resorts down from where we honeymooned so we walked there one night, via the street and walked through and back via the beach. It was just the way we remembered it.

Some sad news while we were away...my aunt Donna finally succumbed to her battle with brain cancer. You know it's coming, but it is still hard. I'm glad that she isn't suffering anymore. She was such a beautiful person, inside and out. I have no doubt she is looking down on us and singing with the angels.

I can't believe how much spring sprang while we were gone. We came back to bursting trees, really green grass and buds on our lilac bush! Bring it on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What company are we going to start first? Windmills in the A.W.R or drilling in the Mexican reef? Just had too, you will see why later.
MOON

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!?!

Moon, you are a stink-bot.

Nikki, your trip sounds like it was awesome! So sorry about your aunt...

Shan

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a stink-bot? Is that one of the power rangers? Or is that one of those toy trucks that turn into a robot? Shannel, go to Rossels blog.
MOON

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home