Friday, April 07, 2006

Favre Watch '06

Well, this could be it. Brett is having a news conference tomorrow at 7:30 a.m., and he is supposedly going to announce his decision about whether or not he's coming back. You better believe I'll be watching, as will all of Packer nation. I'm a regular listener of sports talk radio, WSSP, and all the guys on there seem to think he's coming back. They think that he and the Packers have known for weeks that he's coming back, and that they just haven't announced the decision yet. I honestly don't know what to think. It has been the talk for weeks. For some reason, I haven't been nervous until now. Maybe its the fact that he is supposed to tell the world tomorrow. I just have a feeling that he's done. It's obvious the Packers haven't done much in the off season to make him want to come back. Although as Ross pointed out, he only needs 25 TDs to catch Marino. That's achievable in one season...provided he has some help. It's silly, but I will be seriously sad if he hangs it up. I mean, he's had an amazing career; he's a first-ballot hall-of-famer for sure, and I feel lucky to have grown up in the Brett Favre era. But to think that it's all over is a bummer. He has just been so fun to watch. He's always had a little kid quality about him that is so endearing. I mean check out these pics. This one is famous of him running down the field during the Superbowl after he threw a bomb to Andre Rison for a TD. And this one. How much fun is he having? I can't wait to tell my future children that their dad and I were fortunate enough to watch him play. I guess I'm being a bit melodramatic, but this is pretty big in my world. It doesn't help that I'm listening to some seriously depressing Coldplay right now, either :) Who knows, I could be totally wrong. I hope I am. Either way, it's been a great ride. And he sure has been good to look at over the years :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favre has one more year left in him.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I hope your right, babes.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favre is done!!!!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LXII

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home